3.3.10

BACK TO BUSINESS

Commercial art is suffering with economic woes just like all other business. What a bad time to start up a design studio! Well, there is no time better than the present for any enterprise. No matter what happens someone always needs graphic design, along with food and medical care.

Well, that may not be entirely true, but if you open for business in a down economy you have plenty of time to set up templates, blogs, social networking accounts, business cards, personal appearances, email, and in-person contacts. There are so many opportunities to get your message out now, that is boggles the mind.

My most recent client asked me to set up a blog for him. I ended up learning more about it than he did. Every day there is a new feature from the blogosphere. Some of the gadgets and tools are awesome. My friend lost his internet connection for 2 days and was calling me for consolation.

Just last week my dog wouldn't stop barking and I pointed the TV control box at him and pressed MUTE. It is easy to see how it all spills over into the cell phone industry. That's Buddy on the left. He has a scarf that reads "Party Animal."

I have a feature-challenged cell phone, and when I am in Winn-Dixie or at the Dog Park I feel disconnected. Can't wait to get home to my desktop and see what my Twitter and Facebook messages are.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment